Most students use a combination of scholarships and financial aid when going abroad. Starting your education abroad search early will allow you to apply for scholarships with early deadlines. You need to be realistic when addressing your funding needs. Most scholarships are not guaranteed. It is common that you are expected to confirm participation on a program before receiving any finding from financial aid or scholarship.
Affording Education Abroad
During the semester, Education Abroad, Scholarships and Financial Aid, and Money Education provide a number of information sessions about funding an international experience.
Come to one of the sessions to learn about:
Spring 2020 sessions
- The education abroad financial aid process
- Scholarship opportunities
- Financial considerations for different program types
- Money saving tips when traveling abroad
(Location: Pavilion 236
- Monday, January 27, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 25, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, March 26, 12 pm – 1:00 pm
Register here for an upcoming session: https://ers.tamu.edu/event/7010