Financial aid refers to loans, scholarships, and grants that can be used toward education abroad program expenses. To receive federal, state, or institutional financial aid on an education abroad program, you must:
- Be at least half-time enrolled for academic credit (TAMU or transfer credit abroad)
- Have a completed FAFSA/TAFSA/ISFAA on file with Texas A&M
- Submit an Education Abroad Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request form* to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- *Scroll down to find out more about the Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request for Education Abroad.
- Review loan options, eligibility requirements, and the application at https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/apply-for-aid
Financial aid & scholarship funding for education abroad programs is disbursed approximately ten (10) days prior to the start of the Texas A&M term you are spending abroad or
ten (10) days prior to your program start date, whichever is later.
Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request for Education Abroad
What is the Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request form?
This document breaks down the total estimated costs of your education abroad program. The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid uses the estimate to adjust your cost of attendance at Texas A&M during the term you are abroad, which may make you eligible for more financial aid.
How do I receive a Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request form?
Students participating on faculty-led programs will be provided the form after the application deadline has passed and if the program has been confirmed to run.
Students participating on other program types need to request the form from the primary contact listed on the program brochure.
What are the requirements to receive the Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request form?
Only students who are planning to receive academic credit abroad and have a “Confirmed" status in the Education Abroad Portal may receive this form.
What do I do with the Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request form after I receive it?
Upon receipt of the Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request form from your program contact, upload it to the Financial Aid Portal in Howdy for further processing.
For students who would like to discuss their full financial package, Aggie One Stop
Additional Financial Aid Opportunities
Overseas Loan Fund – L.T. Jordan Institute of International Awareness
- The Overseas Loan Fund (OSL), administered by the MSC L.T. Jordan Institute at Texas A&M, provides an interest-free loan of up to $1,500 for any TAMU student seeking funding for international travel.
- The loan must be repaid prior to graduation, and proposals are considered on the 15th of every month from October to April, except during winter break.
- For more details and to complete an application, visit: https://ltjordan.tamu.edu/programs/osl/.
- Some students choose to secure private loans to fund their education abroad experience. Before doing so, we recommend consulting with Aggie One Stop to ensure you understand the intricacies of a private loan.