Can I apply for a passport at Texas A&M Education Abroad if I’m not a student, faculty, or staff member?
Absolutely. Any US citizen may apply for a US passport with us.
What are you doing to address COVID-19 health concerns?
Are you still taking walk-ins?
- We have a remote screening process minimizes the amount of time customers spend in our lobby.
- The building doors are open, please wait at office door for staff to begin the appointment. If you arrive early, there is covered seating outside at the northwest end of the building.
- Face masks covering the mouth and nose are required for everyone in the building at all times. Children under five are exempt from this rule.
- Customers or employees with COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed in the building.
- Only one family or group will be allowed in the office at a time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- We will wipe down counter spaces and pens between each visit. We recommend customers bring their own black pens.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at the counter to protect customers and employees.
- The lobby area provides enough space for social distancing.
At this time we are appointment only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
to request an appointment.
Do I have to wear a mask?
Yes. All staff and visitors are required to wear a face mask while in the building. Per CDC guidelines, children under 2 should not wear a mask.
How long does it take to get a passport?
Currently routine processing will take approximately 10 - 12 weeks and expedited processing will take approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
Previous passport timelines.
TAMU mask guidelines can be viewed here: https://rules-saps.tamu.edu/PDFs/34.99.99.M0.03.pdf
Routine processing takes 4-8 weeks and Expedited processing takes 3 weeks. Processing times are subject to change, please check the Department of State Travel site
for up to date information.
How long does it take to apply for my passport at Texas A&M Education Abroad?
The time it takes to apply for a passport varies. Bringing all of your documentation including a completed application will reduce the time spent in our office. Peak periods such as the spring semester and late fall will have longer wait times for walk-ins. The summer is generally slower as students are away. It is recommended to schedule an appointment
on Monday to ensure the quickest and most efficient service.
How can I track the status of my application?
You may track the status
of your application online at any time. Please note that it takes 7-10 business days after applying for your passport to be tracked online.
Will I get my original proof of citizenship back?
Yes. The Passport Agency will send your original proof of citizenship along with any other original documentation back to you in a separate mailing.
Can I apply for a friend or relative who is not present?
No. Every applicant must apply for a new adult or minor passport in person
, including minor/infant applicants.
Can I pick up my passport at Texas A&M Education Abroad when it's ready?
No. The passport will be mailed to the mailing address indicated on the application.
For other questions, visit the Frequently Asked Questions
page on the Department of State website or email us at email@example.com