New Minor Passport

For a new minor passport (age 15 and younger), please follow the steps below. 


Both parents and minor MUST be present. If one or both parents cannot be present, appropriate documentation must be provided.
♦ Documents submitted with your application MUST be originals or certified copies (cannot be photocopies).
♦ Additional documents may be required depending on your circumstances. Please see the U.S. Department of State website: US Passport Requirements.
♦ Minor passports are valid for 5 years.

1. DS-11 Form

Fill out the passport application here: DS-11 APPLICATION FORM
Or print and complete by hand here:
Use BLACK ink only and print single-sided on standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Do NOT sign the application or fill out the ID/license information section.

The applicant’s Social Security Number is REQUIRED to be written on the application, but you do not need to bring in the physical card. 
  • If the applicant does not have a SSN, an additional form provided by our facility must be filled out

Be sure to select a box at the top of the form to indicate whether you’d like the passport book, passport card, or both:
  • A passport book can be used for international travel by air, sea or land. You must also select how many pages you’d like the book to have: 28 (standard) or 52 (large). The number of pages does not change the price.
  • A passport card cannot be used for international air travel. A passport card can only be used for entering the United States at land border crossings and seaports from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.

2. Proof of Citizenship Document

You must provide ONE of the following:
  • Valid or Expired Passport (if still valid, it must be mailed with the application)
  • Original or certified copy of Birth Certificate that meets the below requirements:
    • Issued by the city, county, or state of birth
    • Lists applicant's full name, date of birth, and place of birth
    • Lists parent(s)’ full names
    • Has the date filed with registrar's office (must be within one year of birth or you will need secondary evidence of citizenship as well)
    • Has the registrar's signature
    • Has the seal of the issuing authority
    • Certificate of Naturalization
    • Consular Report of Birth Abroad

If you were born in TEXAS, CALIFORNIA, or PUERTO RICO, please click here for more information about additional birth certificate requirements.

NOT accepted: photocopies, social security cards, birth announcements from churches or hospitals (certificates with footprints are only decorative).


3. Proof of Parental Relationship

You must provide one of the following for evidence of child's relationship to the parent/cuardian(s):
  • U.S. birth certificate including parent(s)' names (also counts as evidence of U.S. citizenship)
  • Adoption decree including adopting parents(s)' names
  • Divorce/Custody decree
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth (also counts as evidence of U.S. citizenship)
  • Foreign birth certificate including both parent(s)' names with official English translation
  • If a parent is deceased, please provide a death certificate

Parent's must also provide their valid government-issued ID. See section 5. Proof of Identity

Please note: Some documents, like a U.S. birth certificate, show both U.S. citizenship and parental relationship. These documents must be origianls or certified copies (not photocopies). 

4. Proof of Identity

All adults signing the passport must provide proof of identity.
You must provide ONE of the following:
  • Valid in-state driver’s license
  • Undamaged U.S. passport book or passport card (can be expired)
  • Certificate of Naturalization 
  • Certificate of Citizenship 
  • Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)
  • U.S. military or military dependent ID
  • Current (valid) foreign passport
  • Matricula Consular (Mexican Consular ID) - commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant
  • U.S. Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) - commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant
  • Trusted Traveler IDs (including valid Global Entry, FAST, SENTRI, and NEXUS cards)
  • Enhanced Tribal Cards and Native American tribal photo IDs

Note: You may be asked for an additional ID if you present either of the following:  in-state, valid learner's permit with photo, in-state, valid non-driver ID with photo, or temporary driver's license with photo. 

5. Photo

You must provide one photo with your passport application. Please see our Passport & Visa Photos page to ensure you follow the requirements and avoid potential processing delays. 

You may bring in a passport photo, but we recommend getting your photo taken at our office during your appointment to ensure it fulfills the U.S. Department of State’s requirements.

6. Appointment Information

  • If a parent is unable to appear in-person, the absent parent must submit a notarized Form DS-3053 statement of consent. Please make sure to include a front and back copy of the absent parent's ID along with the form. 
  • All applicants must be present. 
  • If the applicant will be having their passport photo taken, please be sure they dress according to the requirements.
  • Applicants aged 16-17 years old must provide proof of parental awareness when applying. Examples include one parent accompanying the applicant, or a signed statement of consent from one parent with a front and back photocopy of the parent's ID. The applicant should also bring their own proof of identification.

Appointments can be made at: Click on a specific date to see availability.

Hours, Location, Parking

COVID related information
  • Face coverings are encouraged* for those not vaccinated. Children under 2 are exempt from this rule. *Not Required
  • Our office has made changes to our procedures in accordance with state and federal COVID-19 safety guidelines. Please view our new Covid-19 Safety procedures.
  • If you or any of your party are experienceing any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not come in. We ask that you contact us to cancel your appointment and reschedule in the future when you are symptomless. 

7. Pay Fees

There are 2 separate payments required:

1a) Fees Payable to the U.S. Department of State 15 and younger

  • Minor Passport Book: $100 
  • Minor Passport Card: $15
  • Optional Expedite Fee: $60
  • Optional Passport Return 1-2 Day Priority Express Shipping: $18.32
    • Regular 2-3 Day Priority Shipping is included in the application fee.
    • The Passport Card cannot be shipped Priority Express.

1b) Fees Payable to the U.S. Department of State 16 & 17
16 & 17 year olds pay the adult prices and receive a passport good for 10 years.

  • Adult Passport Book: $130
  • Adult Passport Card: $30
  • Optional Expedite Fee: $60
  • Optional Passport Return 1-2 Day Priority Express Shipping: $19.53
    • Regular 2-3 Day Priority Shipping is included in the application fee.
    • The Passport Card cannot be shipped Priority Express.

Check or money order ONLY - no cash, no cards, and no starter checks

2) Fees Payable to TAMU

  • Execution fee: $35 per person
  • Photo fee: $15
  • Optional Application 1-2 Day Priority Express Shipping: $25.50
    • Regular 2-3 Day Priority Shipping is included in the execution fee

Credit/debit card, check, or money order ONLY- no cash, and no starter checks

Fees are subject to change at any time.
Application & Execution fees are regulated by the U.S. Department of State.
Priority Express Shipping fees are regulated by USPS.

8. Processing Times

On October 28, 2021 the U.S. State Department announced extreme delays in processing passports. 

You can apply for routine service and expect to receive a passport in 8-11 weeks (not including mailing).
You also have the option of paying an additional $60 for expedited service to receive your passport in 5-7 weeks (not including mailing).

If you need your passport in less than 8 weeks, please visit the U.S. Department of State’s website.

*Processing times subject to change by the U.S. Department of State, check their website for current times. 
Questions? Please Contact:
National Passport Information Center at 1 (877) 487-2778
Education Abroad at (979) 845-0544