(Incoming Exchange Students please go to the Incoming Exchange Page )
An exchange program is a Texas A&M University sponsored program that gives students the opportunity to take courses directly at a foreign partner institution. The exchange model is one of the most independent and immersive ways to study abroad, giving students the opportunity to live and learn with students from the host country, as well as with other international exchange students from across the globe. Exchanges are ideal for independent and proactive students with a flexible mindset to adjust to different styles of teaching/learning and course expectations. Exchanges are available for semester and/or academic year study, with limited programs offered during the summer term.
Click here to see the program-specific advisor(s) for each all majors and college-specific exchange program.
- Students pay regular TAMU tuition and fees as if they were studying on campus, making exchanges one of the most cost-effective ways to study abroad. Living expenses are typically paid on-site.
- Students have access to the host university's course offerings (some restrictions may apply) and take courses alongside host country nationals.
- Exchanges provide a truly immersive experience, allowing students to get involved in the local university community through clubs, sports, and other student activities.
- Cumulative TAMU 3.0 GPA
- Classification requirements vary by program.
- Transfer students must have completed one semester at TAMU prior to application.
- Must attend TAMU for at least one full academic term (semester or summer) after the program
- Must have necessary language proficiency (3-4 semesters of college-level language studies or proficiency exam) if English is not the language of instruction at the host university.
- Explore the all majors and college/departmental programs.
- An all majors exchange program is open to students across the university and has class offerings to meet a variety of majors.
- A college/departmental exchange is only available to students in that college (or department).
- See 'Program Offerings' below for additional information.
- Meet with the exchange advisor or the college/departmental coordinator responsible for the exchange program that interests you.
- Begin an exchange application by clicking the “Apply Now” button on the program-specific webpage.
- Complete the application and submit all of the required documentation which may include meetings with and/or documentation from TAMU advisors or faculty.
- If the application is approved, you will be notified and asked to confirm your participation, after which you will be officially nominated to the host university.
- After being nominated, you will receive instructions on how to complete the host university registration process.
All Majors Exchanges
Texas A&M University has established exchange agreements with a number of universities in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and Oceania that are open to all TAMU and TAMUG students.
To view a list of all of the all majors exchange programs, click here.
Many of Texas A&M University’s colleges also have established exchange agreements with overseas institutions. Each of these programs has its own coordinator within the respective college, who should be contacted with program-specific inquiries.
To view a list of all of the college/departmental exchange programs, click here.