Home > Program Types > Independent Travel

Independent Travel

Students participating in experiences not coordinated by a Texas A&M department, student organization, or affiliate provider must click below to register if one of the following applies:
  • Receiving credit (Texas A&M credit or transfer credit from another institution),
  • Participating in non-credit bearing experiences (e.g., opportunities to research, intern, teach abroad, volunteer, or attend a conference/workshop/training),
  • Receiving any support from a Texas A&M entity (e.g. departmental support for a conference or research), or
  • Satisfying a degree or graduation requirement (e.g. thesis or dissertation research).

By clicking the appropriate "Register" button below, you are beginning a "Program Registration Application." This means you are registering your travel to comply with Standard Administrative Procedure 21.01.03.M0.02.

If you are participating on a program organized by a Texas A&M office or department or through an affiliated provider, check the Education Abroad Portal to see if there is a specific application for your program. If so, you will complete that registration instead.

If you are going to a country on the TAMUS Country Risk Summaries list you may be required to obtain additional approval for travel. If you are an employee or graduate assistant, you may do so through CONCUR. If you are an undergraduate student, please contact our office at 979-845-0544 or abroad@tamu.edu to find out if additional approval is required.
Participants must meet both the requirements of Texas A&M and the program provider to participate in the desired experience. In order to be approved by Texas A&M, students must fulfill the following criteria:

Independent Travel for TAMU Credit


Independent Travel for Transfer Credit 


Independent Travel for No Credit


Questions about this registration? Contact abroad@tamu.edu.