A passport is an official identification issued by your home country verifying your citizenship. When entering another country, you will need a valid passport. For U.S. citizens, your passport must be current for at least six months post the return date of your international experience.
- If you do not have a valid passport or need to renew your passport, please apply for one between three and six months prior to departure.
- For more information on applying for a U.S. Passport through Education Abroad, please visit our Passport Services page.
A visa is granted by the country of your destination and is written proof that you have authorization to enter. For some destinations, you may need both
a passport and visa.
- To verify country-specific entry and exit requirements, please contact your education abroad advisor (Texas A&M-sponsored programs) and/or program coordinator (non-Texas A&M sponsored programs).
- Requirements will vary based on the purpose of your visit, the duration of your visit, and your citizenship.
- If a visa is required for your program, you will need to have a passport in order to apply for a visa.
Travel by Plane 101
If you have never travelled by plane before, this presentation is for you! Through these slides, we will walk you through every step of the process so that you feel more confident and prepared as you take your first flight! The full presentation is available for download at here
, or you can just look over the specific sections or topics that you would like to know more about as linked below.