Home > Student Resources > Non-U.S. Citizens

International Students 

Before departure, contact an international student advisor in International Student Services (ISS) to obtain your travel signature. A valid Travel Signature and Visa are required for re-entry to the U.S. ISS will assist you in preparing the necessary paperwork to make sure you are able to re-enter the U.S.

F-1 students must enroll Full Time during any major semesters abroad to maintain F1 status. J-1 students cannot study abroad for a full semester.
International Student Services Office (ISS) Resources:


U.S. Permanent Residents 

A Green Card is valid for readmission to the United States after a trip abroad if you do not leave for longer than 1 year. If your trip will last longer than 1 year, a reentry permit is needed.

A visa may be required to enter the destination country based on your citizenship. Please refer to the foreign country’s embassy website for more information.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Resources: