Home > Program Types > Independent Travel

Independent Travel Registration

Students going abroad on a program not organized by a Texas A&M office or department or with an affiliate provider must click below to register if one or more of the following applies:  
  • Receiving credit (TAMU or transfer) for the experience
  • Receiving any support from a TAMU entity (e.g. funding or arranging experience)
  • Satisfying a degree or graduation requirement (e.g. thesis or dissertation research)

By clicking the appropriate "Register Here" button below, you are beginning a "Program Registration Application." This means you are registering your travel to comply with Standard Administrative Procedure 21.01.03.M0.02.

If you are going on a program organized by a Texas A&M office or department or through an affiliated provider, check the Education Abroad Portal to see if there is a specific application for your program. If so, you will complete that registration instead.

If you are going to a country on the TAMUS Country Risk Summaries list (http://assets.system.tamus.edu/files/safety/pdf/travelrisk.pdf) you may be required to obtain additional approval for travel. If you are an employee or graduate assistant, you may do so through CONCUR at https://sso.tamus.edu. If you are an undergraduate student, please contact our office at 979-845-0544 or abroad@tamu.edu to find out if additional approval is required.
Participants must meet both the requirements of Texas A&M and the program provider to participate in the desired experience. In order to be approved by Texas A&M, students must fulfill the following criteria:

Independent Travel for TAMU Credit


Independent Travel for Transfer Credit 


Independent Travel for No Credit


Questions about this registration? Contact abroad@tamu.edu.